What is water fasting? What are its benefits? Intermittent fasting is gaining huge popularity as a dietary option, but what actually happens to your body when you fast? When I first heard about water fasting, I thought, “No way am I doing this!” But after doing some research and finding out about the benefits of this process, I changed my mind. And now I'm going to tell you what I experienced during my 20-day water fast.
The first 2 days were going to be the most difficult. And they were indeed! I felt incredibly hungry — almost as if I had missed several breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. My energy level dropped, and my mood left much to be desired. I was increasingly irritated, and my patience was wearing thin.
The benefits of water fasting 0:43
Days 1–2 2:23
Days 3–7 3:19
Days 8–14 4:37
Days 15–20 5:31
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– When your body can't get access to carbohydrates (its favorite source of energy), it starts to use stored fats. As a result, you can lose about 1 lb of fat every day. This makes water fasting one of the most effective short-term weight loss methods.
– Water fasting can also help if you have digestive problems like irritable bowel, diarrhea, gas, gastritis, constipation, or loss of appetite.
– The first 2 days were going to be the most difficult. I felt incredibly hungry — almost as if I had missed several breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
– On the third day, the second stage of my water fasting began. By that time, the much-awaited process of ketosis had started. That's when your body gets down to burning the fat it has stored as it has no other sources of energy.
– After the first week of feeding myself nothing but water, I experienced a kind of “fasting high.” I felt great, happy, and impressively energetic. But what pleased me the most was a particular clarity of mind.
– When I got to the fifteenth day of my water fasting, I was incredibly proud of myself! I knew that very few people reach this stage. I also knew that this was a period when I had to be immensely attentive to my condition and visit a doctor if I felt that something had gone wrong.
– Believe it or not, I felt at my best after my water fast. I lost some weight (though not as much as I’d expected). My vitals were impressive in a good way, and some health abnormalities were no longer a cause for concern.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: